Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day # 2 of Transition Phase

Good Morning!

I didn't get up quite as early as I did yesterday, but many experts say that resting is key to a successful juice fast. I know that I am not technically fasting yet, but you guys saw what I ate yesterday. The food was still very satisfying especially the Raw Nori Submarine Wrap. It was so good that I also had it for dinner because it was pretty much the same ingredients as the the Avocado Boats and Super Mixed Green Salad. I honestly don't know how they fit all the ingredients into one Nori Wrap (I ended up using two), they must be super duper Nori Wrappers! I also ended up not having the 16 oz. juice yesterday. We have laying hens and I went to go feed them again shortly before I had to leave for work and there was a copperhead snake stuck in the chicken wire trying to bite my curious chickens!!! So sadly I had to kill the snake with a shovel like a mad woman, which took some time and alas was unable to make my juice before work. I fortunately had some bottled blueberry pomegranate juice which is better than nothing...right?

I am down 1.5 lbs from yesterday, which is definitely water weight and I got an enema bag yesterday....eww I know! Many long-term juice fasters swear by it. It is supposed to help lessen the detox symptoms such as headaches and I don't need any stinking headaches since I work with young children four days a week. I was inspired to try it out after I watched this hilarious but educational video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcDXOVCP2bM

I got mine at Walgreen's $12.99 and if I decide I don't want to use it anymore at least it doubles as one of those old fashioned hot/cold packs.

Anyways this is what my menu looks like for Day #2 of the Transition Phase

Breakfast: 2 cups of fresh fruit
Lunch: 16 oz. of Cantaloupe Juice and Super Mixed Green Salad
Snack: 16 oz. of Lettuce Apple Celery Carrot Juice
Dinner: Creamy Kale Soup (raw)


I can't wait to use my Omega Juicer! I haven't used it since last summer :( !!!


Until next time, try to be your best self!

                                                       ~ Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment