Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day # 3 of Transition Phase

Hello Everyone!

Okay so today is day #3 of the transition phase and things are starting to get real. I am still trying to mentally prepare myself that I won't be eating any solid food for at least 40 days and possibly 60 and both fasts include another 3 day transition phase to safely start eating whole foods. I am still very excited about my juice fast journey but still a little bit leery of it (or myself). I know that there will be ups and downs, I know I will come across situations that will tempt me to eat (bad food), and I know that at times I just may want to give up. But what I really know is that I am tired of starting over and over to establish a healthy lifestyle for myself. If I do slip-up during this fast I will continue the next day with the fast (not that I plan to have any slip-ups). I have always had this all or nothing kind of mindset and I know that it hasn't and won't get me very far in life. I want to break the fast of that mindset, of self-loathing, and starting over and over again. All these habits affect my life and those I love and I want to put an end to that. In the past I have just tried to lose weight. Being a certain weight is not what its all about, so this time I feel more empowered because this juice fast is about total wellness (mind, body, and spirit).


Menu for Transition Day # 3 (last day of solid food)

Breakfast: Celery Green Apple Spinach Juice
Lunch: 2 to 3 cups fresh fruit
Snack: 16 oz. Cucumber Apple Celery Cilantro Juice (cilantro- a chelator is a substance that draws out heavy metals, toxic chemicals, and other impurities from your blood and other tissues in your body.)
Dinner: 32 oz. Green Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment