Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Juice Fast Day #5

Good Morning!

Just checking in really quick, it has been a couple of days since I posted. Still going strong and feeling better everyday. Day #3 was a little rough with the detox symptoms. Day #4 I felt great and it felt a lot easier. Aside from having a dream yesterday morning about french fries growing like grass on our land in Colorado (LOL), I haven't had too much mind hunger!!! Today is Day #5 and I am running low on everything, I need to make a much needed trip to get some organic produce. I went through a 10 lbs. bag of carrots in 5 days! I am going to turn into a rabbit. I was finally brave enough to drink RawRawLife's (Carla's) favorite juice again (Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Juice) since I threw it up last time. So far I am doing pretty good, tastes a LOT better and doesn't hurt my stomach since I peeled the grapefruit. Now I know why she likes it, it has a zing to it that puts some pep in my step. Now I am off to the grocery store.


Revelation #1- This is also a spiritual journey for me. I haven't read the bible much in over 7-8 years. I asked myself yesterday how I was going to find the strength to make it through at least 40 days of Juice Feasting. I decided to give it over to God and he will help me find the strength within myself. For some reason Proverbs 23 popped into my head so I read it. It definitely spoke to me and applied to my juice fast.

Revelation #2- My grandmother passed away August 1st, 2011. Shortly after my husband and I got married (June 25th, 2011). She was unable to make it to our wedding, which was devastating. She spent the last three months of her life in a hospital. Needless to say she had some very bad eating habits, she loved Pepsi (would only drink Pepsi unless she was very sick she would drink water), chocolate, and ice cream. She was a fairly thin woman, but her terrible eating habits probably caused her to get colon cancer and have other intestinal problems that required two surgeries. Her body wasn't nourished which didn't help her survive those surgeries. I am talking about her weaknesses for a reason (she inspired me). She was an extremely loving and generous person to everyone that she loved. She was also a nurse and continued to volunteer at the hospital she worked at for 35 years. Her last gift was a wedding present. She wrote a check to me and Bryan. I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead in August 2011, shortly after she passed away. I bought an Omega masticating juicer with the money she gave us. I set out to go on a 10 day juice fast, for health and for grieving. I didn't quite make it, I think it lasted 8-9 days. The grief was too much and my addiction to food for comfort was calling. Today as I was juicing  I began to miss her. I miss her company, her smile, and her extremely strong squeezing hugs. I then realized again why I bought that juicer. She purchased that juicer in a way and it will always be the gift that keeps on giving. A very valuable gift that if I choose to regularly use will help give me health, something I know she would have wanted for me.

Until next time try and be your true self!

No comments:

Post a Comment