Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Introduction


Hi everyone!

I have decided to do at least a 40 day juice feast with the possibility of 60 days. It has a three day transition period which I am starting today and then a 3 day transition period after the juice feast to ease back into eating solid foods. So therefore I am embarking on at least 46 day health rejuvenation adventure. I did an 8-9 day juice fast in August of 2011 so I know some of what to expect...:) maybe.

I have decided to do this fast for many reasons; to change my relationship with food, rid my body of toxins, to lose excess weight I have been carrying, and to personally grow closer to my true self. 





I don't usually like The Complete Idiot's Guide....to whatever, but I ended up getting the book for juice fasting because of it's comprehensive long-term juice feasting plans and recipes.

Day 1 of Transition Phase:

Breakfast: 16 oz. Berry Smoothie
Lunch: Raw Nori Submarine Sandwich (raw vegan)
Snack: 16 oz. of Cantaloupe Juice
Dinner: Avocado Boats and Super Mixed Green Salad

This is considerably different from my current diet, but I have been Pescetarian for the past month and I have cut out gluten on and off due to sensitivity. Hopefully my previous diet will help with the detox symptoms that I may experience when I get further into my fast. But I love coffee and sugar so that might make it a bit harder.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, had a cup of Holy Basil Tea, and went on an hour long walk with my Husband Bryan and English Springer Spaniel Winston. Now it is time for my yummy berry smoothie. 

Until next time try to be your true self it is a hard journey but one that is well worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment