Saturday, July 13, 2013

Juice Fast Day #2

Hello Everyone!

So day #1 was a little rough. I started having "mind hunger" later in the day. I wasn't really hungry I was just craving solid food. The juices are actually quite satisfying.

I had:

Juice #1
"V-8" Juice:
3 carrots
3 stalks of celery
1 green bell pepper
1 cucumber
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of tomatoes
1/2 lemon
1 clove of garlic
1 tbs. of Apple Cider Vinegar
A few splashes of Hot Sauce

Juice # 2-
Blueberry Greens Juice- I had to re-strain the juice because blueberries just don't juice well

Juice #3
Cucumber Apple Cilantro Juice

Juice #4
"V-8" Juice

After juice #4 I started to have some "detox" symptoms aka. diarrhea. I know TMI, but I want to be as honest as possible because some people make juicing look way too easy.

Day #2 Juice Fasting

I was feeling pretty tired and had a headache when I woke up this morning. I love my "V-8" Juice so I made some for Juice #1. My husband and I had plans to go to our local farmer's market at 9:00 am. Then I made Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Juice (rawrawlife's favorite juice) in case I got hungry while we were out. Needless to say we got there around 11:00 am. Fortunately they had a lot of what I needed: sweet red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and beets. Afterwards we went to a few of the neighborhood estate sales and we got an awesome electric wok for $5! I know I won't be using it for awhile because I plan on eating a raw food diet for awhile after my juice fast, but it was such a great deal and we had to replace our old one. When we got home I had Juice #2 and then moments later I vomited all of it. I was in a hurry to get to the farmer's market and didn't peel the Grapefruit, which made the juice really bitter. So either I threw up because it was too bitter or it was just more detox symptoms. Afterwards I was pretty tired and slept until early evening. I wrapped up the day with Cucumber Apple Cilantro Juice. Since I slept so late I only had 3 juices instead of 4. I decided to add some organic vegetable broth to my fluid intake because I was craving something warm.

Excuse the beer stein I am just too German. This is the Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Juice. I will have to try it again, but next time I will PEEL the Grapefruit.


That is all for now. Until next time try to be your true self.

No comments:

Post a Comment